7 Fastest Web Hosting Companies
We want it and we want it fast.
Everything all the time – especially our web hosting.
It’s not secret, faster is better.
Google engineers have found that many Internet users get frustrated by waiting even 400 milliseconds for a Web site to load.
High speed hosting services not only increase your user satisfaction, they also:
- Have a positive impact on search engine ranking (Google admitted it)
- Increase amount of time on site because users are comfortable browsing more
- Helps with resource delivery
- Make you more attractive
Ok, the last part was a lie. But the reality is, in about the time it takes to blink your eye, you could lose a visitor to your site. That could mean losing a $250,000 deal, losing a new donor to your charity, or losing a new friend.
Don’t lose friends because of your lazy speeds.
The engineers also found that if your site is about 250 milliseconds slower than a competitor’s site, they will more likely choose your competitor’s site.
Competition is F-I-E-R-C-E.
The Basics of Super Fast Hosting
It’s important to remember that the loading speeds can vary greatly based upon the hosting plan sites are using. A shared hosting plan, for example, won’t always run as fast as a VPS or dedicated server plan.
When you’re choosing a host, balance the speed performance and the pricing options. While higher-priced options often include more features, fewer limits on space and bandwidth, and faster speeds, analyze your needs.
Unlimited domains may be an attractive feature for larger companies that owns a shedload of domains; if you are looking to publish a blog and can still get blazing speeds on a one-site shared host plan, that might be a better option. Even among shared hosting plans, customers can see different speeds based on the features, data center locations and times of the day.
In addition to the hosting plan you’ve chosen and your physical distance from the hosting company’s data center, particular design elements on any hosting plan can also affect how fast your sites load. If your site has been optimized, you’ll be using less bandwidth and lower processing unit percentages.
Optimizing your site can mean compressing and editing images, compressing scripts, including meta descriptions, title and header tags, and adding image titles and file names.
Various speed studies have placed these seven hosts as the fastest options for 2018 and beyond:
1) A2 Hosting:
Average Speed: 155 ms
This Michigan-based company was launched in 2001, and provides several categories of hosting:
- Shared hosting with CloudLinux. Customers can use a site building tool or do their site’s coding themselves. The first two options include standard speeds; the fastest option is hosted on the Turbo server and features the A2 Optimized Site Accelerator. Once customers have outgrown the shared hosting, they can upgrade to a dedicated server.
- A2 offers two dedicated hosting options: Flex for developers and experts and Managed Flex, a user-friendly route that tosses in cPanel for free. A2 guarantees 99.9% uptime and blazing fast speeds.
- Managed and unmanaged VPS hosting. The unmanaged hosting offers client-designed packages that can include Linux OS and A2’s own installer program, or managed hosting, which includes software, hardware, network, and security monitoring.
- Cloud hosting on the SwiftServer Platform, which features page loads up to 300 percent faster than standard drives.
- Reseller hosting has three separate plans, all of which offer resellers unlimited client accounts.
The offer around-the-clock technical support at all levels, and have combined the best of OpenCart, WordPress, Drupal and Joomla to provide customers with fast page load speeds.
These bad boys went all in on WordPress hosting before it was cool.
Has it paid off?
Uhhh yea, to the tune of a cool $250 million in funding this year (going gaga for that).
These trick cats believe in speed so much, they built a dope-azz infographic about it (click for yuuge version):
There’s fast, then there’s Kinsta fast.
They even said it themselves:
The thing I love about them is how elegant they carry themselves. Yes they want to humblebrag a bit, but they back it up with actual testing and education for other site owners.
Average Speed: 188 ms
As a host of more than 8 million domains and 850 employees, HostGator provides a wide variety of options:
- Three shared hosting plans, all with unmetered bandwidth, ranging from a one domain option to a business plan that includes private SSL, dedicated IPs and a toll-free number.
- Eight total dedicated hosting plans, with four each on Linux or Windows servers. All Linux servers include cPanel, and all Windows servers include Plesk.
- Five CentOS Linux VPS plans, ranging from the Snappy 500 to the Snappy 8000 offer have semi-managed options; higher options also include a cPanel option.
- Resellers can choose from five different plans, all with unlimited domains
HostGator, which was founded in 2002, has been providing speedy service since the beginning. The company has a 99.9% uptime guarantee, responsive customer support and additional hosting options for WordPress and applications.
Average Speed: 182 ms
Since 2001, InMotion Hosting has been customer-focused, and offers data centers in Los Angeles and Virginia Beach – and allows customers of certain individual packages to choose the data center that works best for their clients’ Web sites.
- InMotion offers three different shared hosting plans with free SSD and a free domain name. Coding is available in several languages, they provide integration for Google apps, and secure IMAP email.
- Six dedicated server options offer free cPanel and WHM, free SSD – with faster load times – and 99.99% net uptime. They offer managed hosting, and launch assist, a one-on-one admin setup program that can help optimize your site, speed up your pages or set up your server.
- VPS hosting includes free SSD, a free domain name, a free full cPanel license, and unlimited domains and MySQL databases. InMotion Hosting runs CentOS 6 Enterprise Class Linux.
- Resellers can choose from three plans, which all include free SSD, eNom accounts, WHMCS billing software, dedicated IP addresses, full cPanel licenses and transfers and backups.
InMotion support is available around-the-clock, with support chat and Skype options. They offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
Average Speed: 610 ms
Since its founding in 2003, Linode has been growing, with customers in more than 125 countries and eight data centers – four in the US, two in Europe and two in Asia Pacific.
Linode refers to each Linux server instance as a Linode, and VPS hosting is dependent on the RAM for each of nine plans. All plans offer a 40 Gbps network in speed, and provide variable storage and network out speeds.
The company guarantees a 99.9% uptime guarantee, and with data center options around the world, companies are free to change options down the road. They offer several facilities speed tests to determine each client’s ideal location.
I effing love SiteGround.
Not only are they fast, they’re nice. They’re efficient. They’re there when you need them. You want to take them home to mom.