A2 Hosting vs Siteground: Which Host is Better?
They both have great support, high uptime, and screaming good prices for the quality.
In fact, both of them are considered one of the fastest web hosts according to our research.
The best thing about these two hosting brands is that they are charting their own path, and not part of a web hosting globo-corp that doesn’t really care about their customers.
So you’re making a great choice sizing up SiteGround vs A2 Hosting, let’s dig into what makes them different.
Trying to decide between two high-ranking hosts can be difficult – especially when both have the same amount of experience in the industry, offer 99.99% uptime with a 30-day money back guarantee, and plenty of customizable options to accommodate all abilities and price ranges.
Whether you’re looking to host a blog, become a reseller who offers customers reliable quality, or move your business Web site, there are a few important criteria to consider. Looking at each company as a big picture, and understanding your technical, support and speed needs can help you select the perfect hosting company for your site.
Since starting in 2003, A2 Hosting has emphasized their speed above all else, up to 20x faster than rivals. The Michigan-based company offers unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth.
- Pricing: A2 Hosting offers quite a few clear pricing options. The lowest price points in each option start at reasonable monthly entry prices:
- Shared Hosting: $7.99 – but a coupon code brings it down to $3.92
- VPS Hosting: $5
- Reseller Hosting: 19.99 – use the coupon code to bring it to $13.19
- Dedicated Hosting: $119.99 before the coupon – which brings it to $99.59
- Customer Support: Knowledgeable, friendly technicians are available 24 hours a day, every day. Whether you enter a server ticket, chat online, or call their helpline, they’ve received high marks for their service. To enhance your service, A2 Hosting allows you to choose the server closest to you.
- Speed: A2 Hosting touts a SwiftServer high-performance platform that allows them to offer Turbo packages. These servers load your pages up to 20 times faster, with fewer customers on each server and more resources allocated to individual accounts. All of their hosting accounts include solid state drives, which can perform thousands of input/output functions each minute.
- Value: For the amount of service and support, A2 Hosting offers tremendous value. Included SSD, cPanel access for all shared hosting customers, and many other options are available to fit any need.
- Features: A2 Hosting offers CPanel-powered functions, support for everyone from beginners to advanced developers and consultants. They provide automatic server-based backup, anti-virus protection, and a variety of software and development options for different industries.
- Downtime/Uptime: The have privately-owned servers, with data centers in Michigan, Amsterdam and Singapore. A2 Hosting guarantees 99.9% uptime. The also offer upload and download speed tests from each data center.
Started by former lawyers and IT professionals in Bulgaria in 2003, SiteGround offers tons of web hosting options, unlimited bandwidth, and award-winning service, speed, and support.
We personally love SiteGround. Overall they are affordable, super friendly, and feature-rich with everything we need.
- Pricing: SiteGround’s plans are on the pricier side when it comes to budget hosting, but many reviewers appreciate all of the extras that come with a little higher price. They have several levels for each of their four hosting options.
- Shared Hosting: Regularly priced at $9.95, coupon codes drop that down to $3.95
- Cloud Hosting: Starts at $60 monthly
- Reseller Hosting: A credit plan, which equals one year of hosting, is as low as $42 each credit when you purchase 11 or more credits.
- Dedicated Hosting: Their U.S. dedicated server plans start at $229 per month.
- Customer Support: They are available at every second for instant chat, instant phone responses, and tickets that they say average about 10 minutes for the first response.
- Speed: SiteGround offers solid state drives on all hosting plans, and offers enhanced performance with NGINX, HTTP/2, PHP7 and free CDN.
- Value: While the prices may be slightly higher than other hosts, SiteGround’s plethora of options for developers and users of all abilities provides a high level of value.
- Features: The offer hosting for a variety of different apps and services, provide Joomla, WordPress, and Magento themes, as well as tutorials for each. They include free daily backups.
- Downtime/Uptime: SiteGround offers a real-time status that lets you test your Web site’s real-time status. They offer a 99.9965 percent yearly uptime rate and a 99.999 percent monthly uptime rate. Data centers are in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, and Singapore.Their software minimizes downtime by providing automatic real-time detection and an automated instant reaction. They resolve more than 90 percent of server performance issues instantly with no human interaction needed.
SiteGround vs A2 Hosting: What’s Best for You?
Both A2 Hosting and SiteGround offer unique features that can accommodate businesses of all sizes. They are both geared more toward developers or individuals experienced with Web site development but offer thorough customer support and assistance through tutorials and troubleshooting for users of all strengths and abilities.
While price shouldn’t be the determining factor, A2 Hosting is geared toward small businesses, e-commerce companies, and individuals. The wide-variety of features offered for the lower price make this a solid, reliable option. They offer 30 different customized hosting packages, including options for CMS, CRM, scheduling, auction, education, e-commerce and Web development. Get A2 Hosting discount here.
SiteGround is a quality option for developers who want more flexibility and customization options, marketers who count on consistent uptime and little downtime, and resellers who are looking for reliable products to offer at a reasonable price. They have advanced technical availabilities and fast customer support to maintain your sites. Claim 60% off SiteGround here.