With all the hosting sites available, it can be difficult to find the right one for your needs. Dreamhost is a popular hosting site that offers a lot of excellent features and customer service. iPage isn’t as well known, but they have started to make a name for themselves with their competitive prices, and quality customer service with their plans. While the two do have a lot in common, there are several key things that separate them. No matter how you plan on using your website, after reading this comparison, you’ll have a better idea of which one is right for you.
- Dreamhost has plans that start at $4.50 a month, which is great if you’re looking to save some money. They have other plans that can give you more features, and the prices for those plans range from $7.95-$149 a month. The vast array of options makes Dreamhost an excellent choice for just about anyone.
- Depending on the type of plan you’re going to get, you may find a price range that works for you. The Essential plan starts at $1.99 for shared web hosting. The VPS hosting plans range from $19.99-$79.99. Their dedicated server plans start at $119.99-$191.99. Their pricing makes them competitive compared to other hosting sites.
- The prices of both hosting sites are excellent. However, for smaller plans, iPage is going to be the better option. If you need an extensive plan, Dreamhost is the winner. It is subjective, but both hosting companies provide excellent plans for lower prices compared to other hosting sites.
- The customer support for Dreamhost offers plenty of ways to get in touch with a real person. They have tech veterans available to help you with any issues. If you have any issues with your website, you can reach a real person in minutes with their chat, ticketing system, and telephone support. If you’re always online, you will benefit greatly.
- Customer support is ideal for any hosting company, especially when they have clients that have thousands of questions. iPage has phone support, live chat, email, tickets, knowledgebase, including other resources. No matter what problem you have, iPage offers a variety of services to help their customers answer any questions, and provide instant feedback when you need it.
- Dreamhost is the winner of this round, and only because they are well known for their customer service. While iPage offers some of the same customer support systems, they are not as extensive as Dreamhost. If you’re planning on spending a lot of time online, you can do more with Dreamhost’s customer support.
- When it comes to speed, you want a fast hosting site, and Dreamhost provides you with the speed you need. Dreamhost has excellent speeds that will load up quickly, which is good for traffic coming to your website. It can load up on a computer in roughly 1.3 seconds, making it faster than other hosting sites. It’s excellent for anyone.
- Speed is crucial for anyone hosting a website, and you need a fast and reliable hosting site. iPage has good overall performance, and reliability which is good for those looking to host a large website. iPage is going to be a lot slower than other hosting sites.
- Dreamhost is going to have faster speeds than iPage, which makes them the clear winner. Whether it’s because iPage isn’t as known, or their servers don’t work as well, they just fall short when it comes to speed. If you want more people to visit your website, you need a hosting site that provides an excellent speed.
- Getting more for your money is always good, and Dreamhost offers a lot of good features for their money. Shared hosting and unlimited bandwidth can make your website run smoothly and quickly. Considering how inexpensive their plans are, you’re going to get a great value with Dreamhost.
- While speed and numerous features are ideal for measuring value, you should consider how much you’re paying for everything. Since the customer support is expansive, even if you don’t get the premium membership, you’ll still have excellent customer support. On that factor alone, you are getting your money’s worth with iPage.
- Though value can be subjective, only because people place more value on one thing than others, it is difficult to declare a clear winner here. Though you are paying more money for Dreamhost, you are getting a faster speed than with iPage. It depends on what it is you’re looking for, and whether the features will do what you need them to do.
- The features for Dreamhost includes shared hosting, dedicated servers, virtual private servers, unlimited bandwidth, and secure sockets layer certificates. Dreamhost offers a lot of features that can help your website run perfectly.
- iPage does offer a lot of features, but some of their main features include expert support, a 30-day money back guarantee, and plans that include a lot of extra features. While that’s the tip of the iceberg, you will have a lot more features available with their plans.
- Dreamhost is the winner because they have features that allow you to personalize your website. iPage does offer some excellent features, but it seems that you’re getting what you pay for. So, though you are saving a lot of money, you may not get all the features you need with iPage.
- Uptime is crucial to any website, and you need a hosting that provides excellent uptime. Dreamhost guarantees an uptime of 99.9 percent, which is ideal for anyone looking for a hosting site. You don’t want to get stuck with a hosting site that can’t keep the pages loaded up when you need them to be.
- Uptime is crucial to any web site, and if you’re looking for reliability, iPage has an excellent uptime. They have an overall uptime of around 99.84%, which isn’t too bad for hosting sites. Even though you may experience some downtime with iPage, nearly 100% uptime is good for just about anyone.
- When it comes to uptime, you should have as close to 100 percent uptime as you can get. It’s nearly perfect. When you compare to the amount of downtime you’ll have with iPage, you may not even notice the downtime. Dreamhost is the winner of this round.
Who is it for?
- Marketers need a way to reach people, and using more tools to enhance their websites will help people find their website easier. iPage provides all the tools a marketer need to create a website. Not only that, but you will save a lot more money when you’re using iPage. Dreamhost will work as well, though you may need to prepare to pay a lot more money for their services. When it comes down to it, both hosting sites provide excellent features you need to design an eye-popping website. It all comes down to what your price is going to be.
- Developers love using tools, and Dreamhost provides all the tools a developer needs to be happy. No matter what they’re doing, they can rely on Dreamhost’s features to create an awesome website. Though iPage might be better for some developer’s, their uptime guarantee isn’t that great. This will drive developer’s crazy. To keep them happy, using a hosting site that includes all the tools and provides excellent speeds will allow developers to do more. If you’re a developer, you will find iPage to lack the number of tools you need to create a website. Not only that, the uptime and speed ratings may drive them off.
- Small Business Owners
- iPage was built to work for small business owners, especially since they offer low prices. They have excellent customer service that will help small business owners create and maintain a website. Though a small business owner may be put off with the speed and upload time, using Dreamhost is going to be more intensive. A small business owner may not have the time to dedicate to creating and maintaining a website. Though Dreamhost provides plenty of features, it does take a lot more time for owners to learn how to properly set the right features.
- Ecommerce Companies
- When it comes to maintaining and running a company, using a hosting site that provides excellent uptimes is essential. Though iPage does provide a lot of quality customer support and competitive prices, they just can’t keep up with Dreamhost. iPage is excellent for companies in the beginning stages, but they can’t handle some of the bigger tasks ecommerce companies need. It is better for an ecommerce company to go with Dreamhost because they have excellent speeds, and their plans are affordable. If those aren’t enough, the uptime statistic is so much better than what iPage can offer.
Last Updated on April 30, 2018 by Catalino