I don't really get Bill.com.
Does it suck, or is it actually amazing?
On the one hand, I love that it's a free and super cheap ACH option.
But look at this interface, what is this, 1995?
Here are the things I use on the free plan
- Invoice creation
- Clients – tied to invoices
- Line items (kinda forced)
- Save invoice draft for later
- Late invoices area
- Late invoice emails
Here's what I wish I had on the free plan:
- Invoice scheduling
- Recurring invoices (may exist but not obvious)
- Connection to Xero
My Quick Scoring of Bill.com Free Plan
- Cost: Free – 10/10
- Invoice UX: Very spartan, old school – 6/10
- ACH billing costs: Cheap, about $5 – 9/10
- Connect with Xero: Not included – 5/10
- Scheduling invoices: No – 1/10
Bill.com + Xero
Here's an annoying thing. To connect Bill.com with Xero you have to fill out a form. There's no mention of pricing or how to get started. Very enterprise SaaS sales. I don't like it as a small business owner.
Last Updated on March 22, 2022 by Joe